[rt-users] rt-mailgate problem with 'SSLVerifyClient require'

Cerion Armour-Brown cerion at terpsichore.ws
Wed Feb 18 17:13:12 EST 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 22:22, Mark Williams wrote:
> Your 443 port may not be open. You can do a quick check by getting to a
> command prompt and typing:
Unfortunately, ports are certainly open.

> PS - I'm thinking that as long as you don't require the client
> certificate, it's not using port 443, so all's well. The services are
> running, but not being accessed so you can't tell they're blocked by
> your machine's firewall.
I didn't know it worked like that... Are you saying that even if I specify
https in the rt-mailgate command, it will fall back to 'http' if it can?
Mind you, mailing was previously fine even if I set apache to listen only to
443:
---
<IfDefine SSL>
#Listen 80
Listen 443
</IfDefine>
---
Wouldn't this stop that?

Can anyone confirm (give pointers to?) a setup that works when using
'SSLVerifyClient require'?
Many thanks,
Cerion