[rt-users] Best practices to follow when migrating RT2 to RT3 and mysql errors

David M Dennis dmd at speakeasy.org
Wed Feb 18 21:15:06 EST 2004

Dear List,

On a fresh RT-3.0.9 I have attempted to migrate our fairly substantial
RT-2.0.15 database.  mysql-4.0.17 on both ends.

When running dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 the script barfs out an mysql error,
referring to max_allowed_packet .

The attachment in question (see below) is 1155441 bytes large, the
workstation I'm running this on is 256 MB RAM, and I increased
max_allowed_packet in my.cnf from (no value) to 256 MB.  I also
tried it at 128 MB.  Still same error.

What would best practices be at this point to get the database migrated?

I reported this to the dev list, and basically was as we used to say,
"shone off."  Which is fine, but somebody must have run into this before.

Thanks for any assistance or further suggestions for reading material.

+ Dave Dennis
+ Seattle, WA
+ dmd at speakeasy.org
+ http://www.dmdennis.com