[rt-users] Easiest distro for RT 3?

Phil Lawrence prlawrence at Lehigh.EDU
Thu Feb 19 09:39:47 EST 2004

Jamie Baddeley wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I've been considering my options for running rt3 on debian. I had come
> to 2 conclusions.
> 1. Run stable and pin rt3 to unstable
> 2. Run unstable.
>
> Option 1 is ugly. Option 2 was pretty much the way I was going to go.
>
> I didn't really consider using sarge, as security wise it's in no mans
> land and my RT3 will online.
>
> I'm also gonna separate the (pg) db from the webserver/frontend. The db
> will run on stable. See any issues with this?

I just installed Debian for the first time on a home box.  I haven't
even figured out yet how to get dselect to show me testing packages!  :-\

But what do you mean about sarge being unsecure?  Isn't Sarge "testing",
whereas "sid" is unstable?  Wouldn't that mean sid is less assured of
security than sarge?

Phil