[rt-users] Easiest distro for RT 3?

Miro Jurisic meeroh at mit.edu
Thu Feb 19 09:56:08 EST 2004

>I currently have RedHat 7.3 on our RT 2 server.  I plan to switch to
>a new distro soon, and make the switch to RT3 at the same time.
>
>I thought I might wait for the next Fedora release (2.6 kernel,
>etc.), but thought I might ask which distro is the easiest to
>configure and administer with RT.

I use Debian with RT3. Specifically, I use Debian/stable with RT from
Debian/testing (and whatever dependencies that also requires from
testing). This is trivial to install: you start by installing stable,
then you add the testing apt sources to your /etc/apt/sources.list,
and then you run

apt-get install --target-release testing request-tracker3

and all the dependencies are taken care of for you.

The RT3 in testing is at 3.0.6, which is a little behind unstable
(3.0.8), but the lag usually isn't more than a few weeks, and I
prefer not to run other packages from unstable.

hth

meeroh
--

<http://web.meeroh.org/> | KB1FMP