[rt-users] Changing rtname (again)

Ray Thompson rthompson at interpublic.com
Fri Feb 20 10:17:48 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm in the process of moving/ugrading our RT2 instance on one server to RT 3.0.9 on another.

The RT2 server has an rtname that reflects the old name of our company and the RT3 server's rtname reflects the new company name and department.

I've made changes to EmailParser.pm as suggested in  http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-August/016193.html; (Thanks Larry!)  RT3 now accepts tickets with either rtname and routes to the correct ticket.  Everything is wonderful.

Is there anything else that I need to be worried about?  There aren't any other RT systems on our network with either of the two rtnames so that's a non-issue.

In the ticket mentioned above it was suggested that all instances of old_rtname be replace with new_rtname in the Transactions table.  Is that necessary?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Ray Thompson