[rt-users] Re: rt-mailgate problem with 'SSLVerifyClient require'

Cerion Armour-Brown cerion at terpsichore.ws
Sat Feb 21 05:35:22 EST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 17:01, Christian Gilmore wrote:
> SSLVerifyClient can be set on a per-directory basis, so you can set the
> self-service links that mailgate needs to 'SSLVerifyClient none' or you
> could put up an entirely new virtual host on a separate port perhaps that
> would accept connections from only localhost and would require no SSL
> client verification. You may want to read the mod_ssl reference
> documentation at www.modssl.org. It spells out these options.
> Thanks,
> Christian

Many thanks for all the pointers - perhaps I should have figured this out, but
really helps having some confirmation I'm on the right lines...
I implemented the separate virtual host idea - that works fine - but can't get
the other way (of putting everything in one virtual host) to work yet... if
anyone felt like posting their http.conf snippet for this, I'd appreciate it
a LOT!
Thanks again,
Cerion