[rt-users] MessageID ?

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Sun Feb 22 19:58:45 EST 2004

Kristofer Pettijohn wrote:
> 1) Is the MessageId column in the attachments field even being used
>    for anything?  Everything there is blank in my database for stuff
>    coming in.

I don't think it's currently used, but Jesse might have words
to say there...

> 2) Following that question, is there a decent way (or just a
>    suggestion or point in the right direction at least) to have RT
>    check a message coming in that doesn't have    [ OrgName #5 ]
>    in the subject line to see if it is an "In-Reply-To:" (or using
>    the 'References' header, too to another message that has had a
>    ticket created, and change the status of that In-Reply-To messages
>    to be a correspondance with the original ticket?

I'd probably look at augmenting RT::EmailParser::ParseTicketId()
to take and check the In-Reply-To and/or References headers,
which would require a slight adjustment of the parameters passed
to it from RT::Interface::Email::Gateway(). Doesn't look all that
hard, if you can make use of the MessageId field mentioned above...
--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.