[rt-users] Scrip eval/template execute timing

Russ Roff rroff at stny.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 10:12:29 EST 2004

I couldn't think of a better subject line - this might not be a scrip/template question at all.

I have custom fields associated with a queue.  If I reassign a ticket from that queue to another queue, I lose visibility of those fields.

I'd like to grab all of the custom fields and put them in as a comment on the ticket when it changes queues, so they are still visible.  I think one way to do this would be with a scrip and template, but I'm not sure if it will work.

If I build a scrip that matches a queue change condition, would it be evaluated after the action (queue change) has occurred, thus making the data I want to consolidate with a template unavailable?

I'm asking before doing in this case because I don't want to go to all the trouble of figuring out custom scrip/template coding if this isn't even possible.

Or is there a different way to go about doing this?

Thanks!
Russ