[rt-users] Perl Newb: Auto Created Users getting AutoPermissions?

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:16:36 EST 2004

I'm getting closer to my goal. Seems last step is to get these
auto-created users to have permissions when they are created. I
thought maybe they could just be added to a group automatically and
the group could have permissions, but that doesn't seem to be the way
RT works.

I'm open to either way. I was told that I need to do some editing in
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm. I have looked through it and the
answer does not appear to be apparent to me. I have a rough idea that
the sub-function ProcessACLChanges with an argument that looks
something like GrantRight should be called. User_Overlay.pm looks
promising, but I haven't figured out what to do their either.

JSR/

--
System Administrator
Washington Bible College/Capital Bible Seminary

Sound words, I know, Timothy is to use,
And old wives' fables he is to refuse
But yet grave Paul him nowhere doth forbid
The use of parables, in which lay hid
That gold, those pearls, and precious stones that were
Worth digging for, and that with greatest care.
-- From "The Author's Apology For His Book"
   "The Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan