[rt-users] issue with attachments

mixo mixo at coza.net.za
Fri Jan 2 03:39:51 EST 2004

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>Can you try with 3.0.8rc1?  And if that doesn't fix it, can you verify
>that the problem is still there with mod_perl1 or at least the current
>beta of mod_perl2 (you're 3 revs out of date)

Changing line 348 in 'lib/RT/I18N.pm'  from
   my $fallback = 'iso-8859-1';
  my $fallback = 'UTF-8';

seems to have solved the problem. But I am still observing this.

Unfortunately, I cannot do an upgrade yet as the machine is in
production and
hence requires planing for that, amd more than that, the benifits of
upgrading sill need to
be looked at.

BTW, the corrupted attachments came from emails without
"content-transfer-ecoding"
header being set for the plain text part of the email..