[rt-users] Can't find in docs: how users check ticket status?

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Mon Jan 5 12:18:50 EST 2004

Don't know about your environment, but in my case I have two
kinds of users, those with @uic.edu addresses (and a couple
other permutations I can recognize) and those with completely
external addresses.

Almost everyone at UIC already has accounts, with passwords
in ldap.  So I've set RT to $WebExternalAuth = 1,
so that everyone using the web interface uses their ldap password.

I don't pre-create accounts (other than for consultants,
where I need to set the privs.)  When a normal user logs
in via web, $WebExternalAuto=1 creates the RT account,
and when a user sends in an email, I munge the email address
to extract what I know is the correct login name (if possible)
so again I create user accounts in real time.  But the passwords
are already known, so they can log in and do normal unprivleged things.

Those whose email addresses I don't recognize can't login.

   bobg