[rt-users] RE: RH9 + Apache2 + FastCGI: Couldn't write to session directory.

Patrick Hurley phurley at tacc.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 6 00:09:29 EST 2004

> Did you read the various posts about RT and RH9 not getting along? (I
> know they don't with mod_perl, I forget if they do or don't for
> fastcgi)

I've read quite a few -- google'd, searched the archives, and have gone through the archives in detail (up to June 03 at this point).  My impression is that people run into more problems using mod_perl under RH9, and those using fastcgi haven't encountered too much difficulty.  I've picked up a good amount of info to theoretically properly configure apache with fastcgi, and have seen the same error message in the archives, but not a solution that seems to work for me.

Since I wasn't the one to initially put RH on the system, I'm contemplating starting over and rebuilding apache, perl, etc. from the sources.  Whether that will actually help or not, I don't know.

ph.