[rt-users] RE: RH9 + Apache2 + FastCGI: Couldn't write to session directory.

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Tue Jan 6 09:21:26 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 11:09:29PM -0600, Patrick Hurley wrote:

> My impression is that people run into more problems using mod_perl
> under RH9, and those using fastcgi haven't encountered too much
> difficulty.

There are problems with specific Redhat builds of mod_perl. If you
avoid those builds, you will avoid most of the problems. Either
compile from the Fedora SRPM or grab an RPM from
http://httpd.apache.org/~gozer/mp2/.

I haven't run Fastcgi on RH9, but I'm not having problems with it under Fedora.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"