[rt-users] Contrib/Statistics3?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Jan 6 13:49:02 EST 2004

Garrett Scott wrote:

><VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
>        ServerName xxx.xxx.xxx
>        DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
>        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>
>        PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
>        PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
>        RewriteEngine On
>        RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
>
>        PerlModule Apache::DBI
>        PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
>
>        <Location />
>                SetHandler perl-script
>                PerlHandler RT::Mason
>        </Location>
></VirtualHost>

I finally got mine working yesterday, after installing the -dev postgres
package for Mandrake 9.1.

However, apache throws an error on startup if I include the
Apache::compat part of that one line.

Here's the error:

[root at deedee root]# /etc/init.d/httpd restart
Re-creating /etc/httpd/extramodules
Shutting down httpd-perl:                                       [  OK  ]
Shutting down httpd2:                                           [  OK  ]
Re-creating /etc/httpd/extramodules
Starting httpd-perl: Syntax error on line 53 of
/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf:
Subroutine exit redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache2/Apache/compat.pm
line 74.

                                                                [FAILED]
Starting httpd2:                                                [  OK  ]
[root at deedee root]#

Here's the config section:

<VirtualHost 10.69.1.31>
    ServerName host.domain.com
    DocumentRoot /local/rt3/share/html
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    # these four lines apply to Apache2+mod_perl2 only: {{{
    PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
    # }}}

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

    <Location />
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

If I do the following, apache starts with no errors, and I can log into
rt3.0.8 just fine.

<VirtualHost 10.69.1.31>
    ServerName rt3.tripwire.com
    DocumentRoot /local/rt3/share/html
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    # these four lines apply to Apache2+mod_perl2 only: {{{
    PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
    PerlModule Apache2
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html