[rt-users] Dealing with ex-employees

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Wed Jan 7 13:19:23 EST 2004

I'm pretty sure this has been broached a number of times on the list, but I
couldn't find anything.  Any pointers to previous threads would be
appreciated.

How are people dealing with ex-employees?  We've tossed a number of ideas
around about how to deal with their account, and all their previous tickets
(customers have a tendancy to just reply to a long-since-resolved ticket
instead of opening a new one), but we haven't fully come to a solution that
everybody's happy with.

The best idea thus far is to revoke *all* rights to RT (user may not be
granted rights, user may not access), then set up a custom Scrip that will
check to make sure the owner of the ticket being corresponded on may be
granted rights.  If not, autorespond with a, 'Please send a new message to
blahblahblah at sentex.net for help.'  But I'm not even sure if we can do this
-- I haven't looked at custom Scrip actions yet.