[rt-users] RT 3.08 - Can't call method "Quote"

John Newhoff john at portagebay.com
Wed Jan 7 14:21:59 EST 2004

I installed RT 3.0.6 a couple of weeks ago (upgraded to 3.0.8 today)
and managed to get it running to the point where I can log in via the
web interface and create tickets. I've not created any new queues
yet, just working with the default 'general' queue.

Generally, the second time I try to display the tickets in the queue
(by clicking the 'General' link under the quick search section, or
other ways), I get the error message:

Can't call method 'quote' on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder.pm line 645

I found a post from someone with a similar error (Can't call method
'handle request') and it was suggested they verify that they don't
have an old version of DBI.pm causing a problem, but as far as I can
determine, I have the latest versions of of the Apache-DBI and
Apache-Session packages installed, though I'm not sure which DBI.pm
file I should be looking at, since I have two:

usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/Sesssion/Store/DBI.pm  version
1.01,  installed from Apache-Session-1.54 from CPAN

usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/DBI.pm,  version 1.8 installed
from CPAN module DBI 1.38 (I think)

I've also verified (as suggested by FAQ) that my httpd.conf file does
not have PerlFreshRestart On. Though it doesn't have PerlFreshRestart
Off either.

Thanks,
John

Portage Bay Solutions, Inc.                  mailto:john at portagebay.com
Database Programming and Training Services   (206) 542-4656
http://www.portagebay.com