[rt-users] Questions about Assigning Global Group Rights

David Fandel david.fandel at overture.com
Wed Jan 7 21:23:10 EST 2004

I am currently playing around with RT (Currently using RT 3.0.3)

I generated the following list of various rights to assign.

There are some questions embedded in the list (and at the end of
the list), but I'm also kind of interested in whether I am
assigning excessive or incomplete rights.

Global -> Group Rights:

    System Groups:  Everyone

       CreateTicket
       CommentOnTicket
       ReplyToTicket

    System Groups:  Privileged

       ModifySelf
       ShowTicket
       <I assume they inherit the Everyone rights>

    Roles:    Requestor

       ShowTicket

    Roles:    CC

       ?? What rights should they get ??

    Roles:    AdminCC

       ?? What rights should they get ??

    User Defined Groups:  <*A - An RT admin group>

       AdminCustomFields
       AdminGroup
       AdminGroupMembership
       AdminQueue
       AdminUsers
       ModifyScrips
       ModifyTemplate
       ShowACL
       ShowScrips
       ShowTemplate

    User Defined Groups:  <*B - A group with assign ability>

       ModifyTicket
       ModifyQueueWatchers
       SeeQueue

    User Defined Groups:  <*C - A group with answer/comment ability>

       CommentOnTicket
       CreateTicket
       ModifySelf
       OwnTicket