[rt-users] RT3 is spawning 2 additional processes every time something is done

Frank Saxton frankie at easyrider.com
Thu Jan 8 01:44:02 EST 2004

I have been running RT3 for several months with no problems whatever.  The
hard drive recently went bad on the server and I had to restore everything
from tar files.  Not everything copied back automatically so my current
problem could be nothing more than a missing file somewhere.

When I start mysqld, I have 4 /usr/libexec/mysqld --defaults-.... processes
running

Every time I do something (log in, click a link, refresh the view), 2 more
mysqld processes are started.  This continues until something around 14
processes are running at which time the RT web connection dies.  Restarting
mysqld will restore operation again (briefly).

I'm sure that this is going to be a simple fix but unfortunately I am not a
DBA and I have very limited RT experience.  As near as I can see,
everything else is working great.  RT3 worked perfectly before the disk
problem. The dependencies test for mysql passes.  Any help would be hugely
appreciated.  Thanks in advance!