[rt-users] What is stage under creating scrips?

Guillaume Perréal perreal at lyon.cemagref.fr
Thu Jan 8 09:43:14 EST 2004

Ruslan U. Zakirov a écrit :

> Jeff Minelli wrote:
>
>> When one creates a scrip for a queue, there is a dropdown field for
>> Stage which contains TransactionCreate and TransactionBatch. What are
>> they, and how does one choose which on to use?

The response is "TransactionCreate" which is original RT behaviour.

> Wow.
> If I understand right it's most impressive feature in last version.
> One request to WebUI can create more then one transaction.
> Eg: Resolve = Status change + Reply or Comment + ...

 From what I read from sources, I think the following events happen in
this order (based on your sample) :

During request :
1) "Status change" triggers scrips at TransactionCreate stage,
2) "Reply" triggers scripts at TransactionCreate stage.

At end of Ticket object lifetime :
1) "Status change" triggers scrips at TransactionBatch stage,
2) "Reply" triggers scrips at TransactionBatch stage.

The tricky point is "end of Ticket object lifetime" that sounds to me
like "at random" but I may be wrong.

Except this point, it seems to be a very interesting feature.

I also heard about separating actions' "prepare" and "commit" phases to
prepare all actions then to commit them all instead of preparing then
commiting each action before the next one. What about this for now ?

Best regards,

--
Guillaume Perréal.

Responsable informatique,