[rt-users] New Statistics package attached

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Thu Jan 8 17:16:25 EST 2004

Attached is a new version of the Statistics3 package, I fixed a couple
of bugs (at least things that didn't work on my system), and cleaned
some things up.  You can now customize the initial display of the
reports by editing lib/Statistics.pm.

The only install change to note, is that instead of untarring from the
html directory (/opt/rt3/local/html for redhat users), you should untar
from it's parent, as now the package contains a file for the local lib
directory as well as the html directory.

If you're currently using Statistics3, I strongly advise you to back up
html/Statistics BEFORE UNTARRING THIS, as this has only been tested by
me, on one system, but I think it's in pretty good shape, overall.

Note that this doesn't solve the problem where the graphs don't display,
I believe that I've tracked this down to some strange interaction
between Mason and GD (see my earlier email for details), and I know
squat about Mason.  If some kind sole would figure that out, I would be
highly appreciative, and would fix all the graphs and re-issue this
package again.

Also, please note that Harald (the original Statistics author) knows
nothing about this, as I haven't been able to get in touch with him, so
Jesse, you might want to distinguish between the two kits in the Contrib
download section, at least until more people have tried this out.

Let me know how it goes!

Kelly F. Hickel

Senior Software Architect

MQSoftware, Inc