[rt-users] Upgrading from RT2 to RT3

Joachim Ritschmann J.Ritschmann at tiscon.com
Fri Jan 9 06:30:06 EST 2004

Greetings,

On my Linux box there are 4 separated installations of RT2 running,
now we want to get them all together into one installation of RT3.
The installation went well, but now there are some problems with
the details. (Murphy's allways watching us ;-) )

1) For some "special" users, I created a submit form with some
mandatory fields outside of RT. The submitted data are passed to a
PERL script and I want to create the ticket via a system call of the CLI.
This worked fine with RT2, now I want to change the system call.
I can create tickets, add a priority, a subject and
define the queue where the tickets shall live,
but how do I add attachments)?

2) When I try to execute "/opt/rt3/bin/rt create -t ticket"
an empty ticket is created, and everything looks good:
"RT/3.0.6 200 OK"     (RTDEBUG=3 is set)
But the the bottom line tells me:
"malformed RT response from host"

3) When I shut down Apache and have a look at the error.log there are entries
telling me:
Child xxxx still did not exist.
Child xxxx+1 still did not exist.
Child xxxx+2 still did not exist.
Child xxxx+3 still did not exist.
Depending on how many spare servers I define in my httpd.conf
But everything seems to work fine, so how do I have to take care?

Configuration:
- SuSSE Linux 9.0
- Apache 1.3.27
- mod_perl 1.27