[rt-users] Still (random) encoding errors with international chars (RT 3.0.8)

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jan 10 07:49:50 EST 2004

Hello,

I see still utf-8 double encoding errors in my local installation of RT
3.0.8. They are not reproducible (e.g. by requeueing a message which yield
to double encoding into RT). They tend to come the more often the longer
apache runs.

I saw these error reappearing with 3.0.7 after 3.0.6 was quite fine. 3.0.8
made things better than 3.0.7 but we did not get rid of the errors.

System Config is:

RT 3.0.8 on
Debian Woody
+ apache-ssl 1.3.26
+ Perl 5.8.0
+ mod_perl 1.29
+ all RT-dependencies in most actual version from CPAN
+ mySQL 4.0.19
+ IO-Stringy-hack (just posted from Jesse)

@EmailInputEncodings = qw(utf-8 iso-8859-1 us-ascii) unless
(@EmailInputEncodings);
Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'iso-8859-15');

Regards,
Dirk.