[rt-users] common.pm error or [occasional "Unsupported conversion"...] or [autohandler:40 error]

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jan 14 10:55:59 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 09:36, Paulo Matos wrote:

> 	As far as I understand there are issues with perl-5.6.x (this is
> the version stocked with redhat-7.3) and utf-8, and since RT uses utf-8
> internally we're stucked.
>
> 	Either we upgrade perl (which I hope it solve the problem) or we
> live with the error which until now doesn't seem to damage anything
> (but probably do)...
>

> 	I couldn't see any report saying the problem is *indeed* solved by
> upgrading perl... Can anyone of you who have experienced this, say
> something please?

Likewise, if anyone does a perl upgrade on RH 7.3 without clobbering
other mod_perl stuff, please post a step-by-step guide.   I think in
principle it should be possible to compile a current perl from source
in /usr/local and run RT using it with fastcgi while keeping a stock
apache and mod_perl but I haven't tackled it yet myself.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com