[rt-users] RT 3.0.8 + RTFM 2.0.2: permission error?

Marcus Ramberg marcus at mediaflex.no
Wed Jan 14 14:24:49 EST 2004

Patrick Hurley wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Perhaps I haven't had enough coffee today.  Perhaps my head is stuck in
>a very small ceramic jar.  Nonetheless, I'm apparently missing something
>obvious.
>
>I just installed RTFM 2.0.2 (already running RT 3.0.8 on RH9 w/
>Postgres, Apache 1.3x/mod_perl1), which went completely as the docs said
>it would (except for having to edit the DB_DBA value in the Makefile).
>RTFM shows up fine in RT.  I created a class.  I created two custom
>fields (SelectSingle and TextSingle).  I added those fields to the
>class.  For testing purposes, I gave root every right for that class.
>
>I then attempted to, logged in as root, extract an article from a
>ticket, selected the history I wished to include, and then immediately
>received:
>
>  "RTFM Error
>   No permission to view Article"
>
>Ok.  I then attempted to go under Articles and simply select New
>Article.  Again, the same error occurred.
>
>If someone could guide my gelatinous head to what I may be doing wrong,
>it would be much appreciated.  Below I have included the errors that
>show up in /var/log/messages.

Hmm, I really don't understand *why*, but in the latest RT/FM versions
(including current svn), article creation points to Edit.html rather
than Create.html  ... Just changing that back in
RTFM/Elements/CreateTicket.html and RTFM/Article/PreCreate.html fixed
things for me. Not sure why it's like this, or if this is the correct
solution, but if not, I'm sure I'll hear it soon =)

Marcus