[rt-users] CRON jobs....

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Wed Jan 14 19:48:07 EST 2004

At 05:04 PM 1/13/2004, Maloney, Michael wrote:
>When do most of you run any RT crontool jobs?
>
>I currently have my rt-crontool running every hour doing
>RT::Action::EscalatePriority on 2 different queues.  I was wondering if
>that was too frequent, and should I make it daily instead of hourly.

Without worrying about implementation details, this is really a business
decision. If you have agreements that specify rapid escalations then you
may need to run it hourly. If you are only tracking priority internally,
then once a day may be enough.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                 http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"