[rt-users] email messages converted to UTF-8 twice

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 15 09:17:19 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 02:20:10AM +0100, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I attach a text file (8859-1 encoded and gzipped). In it are two examples.
> The first fails and is converted twice. The second actually get correctly
> into the database, but then the header cannot be parsed (seems perl makes a
> bad assumption about the character set beeing ascii?) so it cannot send any
> autoreply instead.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who's reported examples of the issue that's not
related to the IO::Stringy fix. I'm travelling this week, but you can
rest assured that I'll dig into it when I'm back at my desk next week.

As an aide, the fix to join() that our custom IO::Stringy works around
was added to perl 5.8.3, which should be announced within next several
days, but is already available from http://www.cpan.org/src/README.html

	Best,
	Jesse
	(From a cafe in Madrid)