[rt-users] Installing RT 3.0.8 on Win32

Hobson, Neville neville_hobson at mentorg.com
Fri Jan 16 06:08:43 EST 2004

I've been suffering as well. The installer failed at the initdb.cgi. However
I've now made progress! It seems there is a chicken and egg issue - the
Apache RT service must be running before the database initialisation starts.
I actually loaded the appachetriad build of apache, perl, php and mysql. I
think this meant that I had an apache server running when I next tried the
rt installer. Unfortunatley I'd found the initialisation for the database
schema and created an rt3 database manualy. This then throws out the
initdb.cgi - it has a branch which creates everything if there is no rt3
database already. But, significantly I now had the Apache RT service
running.
With the rt3 database removed and the RT service restarted the initdb.cgi
then worked.
And that's as far as I've got. Hope that helps....

Neville