[rt-users] Is it easy to change the way time is displayed in RT

James jwhittington at excelorant.com
Wed Jan 21 13:54:09 EST 2004

Okay maybe i asked this question poorly last time :<(.
In rt when displaying tickets within queues how do I get the format of
date related fields (ie Created, Last Created, Last Updated) to display
as a date stamp like "Mon Jan 19 16:40:55 2004" instead of "43 hours"
ago.

I am not a php developer but am willing to learn what I need to massage
this great product to fit our needs, just was hoping for some guidance
:<)..

Thanks.

>James wrote:
> I have been evaluating different help desk systems and along the way
> have ended up using rt 3.0.6 enough where I need to figure out how to
> see if it can fully meet our support staff needs.
>
> Mainly for our needs we're more interested in what events occured on
> what dates and not how many hours ago a event occured.
>
> Weekly I have to submit a timesheet (yuck), with billable & non-billable
> events, so I'm more interested in a listing of items by date.
>
> How do I go about getting rt to display date & time instead of how many
> weeks or minutes from now it occured?
>
> It seems like a question so basic I'm hoping I overlooked the easy
> solution.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

James Whittington
Systems Administrator