[rt-users] Timezone questions/Setting timezone for RT_System

Jan Algermissen jalgermissen at topicmapping.com
Wed Jan 21 15:41:00 EST 2004

Hi all--

I have some problems with timezones and two immediate questions:

- is it true that all SetXXX methods of the Ticket class expect the time
  in GMT (and do not use the $Timezone configuration to convert to GMT internally)?

- Is there a way to have RT using local time for the log messages? lib/RT.pm
  seems to make that impossible since it uses gmtime( time() ) to create the
  time string for the log entry.
  Before I change the sources, I'd like to know if there is a way to configure this.

- Is it possible to set a user's time zone? My RT users work in different time zones
  and it would be nice if everyone would see the times in the Web-UI in her own
  timezione.

Thanks for any help.

Jan

--