[rt-users] Problem: init database of rt3 debian package fails

Guido Füth greyhound at klined.de
Wed Jan 21 20:24:45 EST 2004

Hello,

I am working with Debian sarge on Kernel 2.2.20 with mysql and just
installed the RT3 deb packe with apt-get. After editing the RT_SiteConfig.pm
and setting up an dba user i want to initialize the database (with: #
/usr/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba rtuser
--prompt-for-dba-password), but it fails. Follow errormessage appears:

[CODE]
install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't locate DBD/Pg.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/share/perl5 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.2
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8.2
/usr/share/perl/5.8.2 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at (eval 1794) line 3,
<STDIN> line 1.
Perhaps the DBD::Pg perl module hasn't been fully installed, or perhaps the
capitalisation of 'Pg' isn't right.
Available drivers: ExampleP, Proxy, Sponge, mysql.
 at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 110 [/CODE]

I dont know why the setup is trying to load PostgreSQL driver, cause I
havent even installed Postgre, neither I want to use it.

Maybe anyone could help me solving this problem, to get the RT3 running with
mysql.

Thanks

G.F.