[rt-users] Workflow Management with rt3

Marc Haber mh+rt-users at zugschlus.de
Thu Jan 22 06:06:44 EST 2004

Hi AJ, hi list,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 03:55:49PM -0500, AJ wrote:
> Manager submits ticket to new hire queue.
> Three tickets are generated in the appropriate telco, pc support, and
> facilities queues based on the value of the location custom field.

How are these new tickets generated? By a perl script, or by a rt3
scrip?

> When PC support deploys the pc they fill in the MAC address and the vlan
> info custom fields and update.
> On update, a script checks to see if those values changed.

That's a perl script started by a scrip? Does it need to access the
SQL database, or can the scrip hand over commands as parameter?

> Look in <rt_lib>/RT/Actions for examples

Great, there is even pod.

The pod contained in CreateTickets.pm ist most helpful and verbose.

_That_ link needs to be _much_ more prominent on the RT web pages, for
example on http://www.bestpractical.com/rt

Greetings
Marc