[rt-users] RTFM Issues

Dan Armeneau darmeneau at prl.ab.ca
Fri Jan 23 17:14:13 EST 2004

AJ and All,

Just a quick thank you to AJ for the quick and accurate resolution to the
'RTFM Issues' System Error I was receiving.

-------------[AJ's Fix]------------------------------

Log::Dispatch::Syslog has a socket parameter. The default is supposed to be
'inet'  but I had to explicitly define it in the RT.pm.

If you go into the <rthome>/lib/RT.pm and look for Log::Dispatch::Syslog,
towards the bottom will be a line:

stderr=> 1

if you add above that line (adding another key/value to the hash) and
restart the web server:

socket => 'inet',

#you can add above or below. But wherever, make sure the comma is at the end
of the line that is above

Dan Armeneau - Computer Technician
Parkland Regional Library
5404 56 Avenue,