[rt-users] Re: [rt-devel] Apache 2/ Mod_perl2/ RT 3.0.7 problem

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Jan 27 12:40:56 EST 2004

Sure!

This is what I did:
o download mod_fastcgi
o uncompress and extract it.
o cd mod_fastcgi-2.4.2
o mv Makefile.AP2 Makefile
o make top_dir-/etc/httpd install
o edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and add:

--> In the "LoadModule" section, I added the following line at the end
of the list:
LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so

--> After the line "AddHandler type-map var", I added the following lines:
#
# For FastCGI applications
#
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcg fcgi fpl

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

--> In the Virtual Hosts section, I added the following lines:
ScriptAlias /rt3 /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

o Note that, in my situation, I access my rt3 installation via a browser
by pointing to "http://my.site.com/rt3" rather than having a virtual
host dedicated to rt3 (eg: http://rt3.mysite.com).  In that case, you
would have "ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/"
o Also note that, with FastCGI, it cannot serve up the images, so you
have to have the images accessible OUTSIDE of your RT tree.  This means
that you would have to edit your RT_SiteConfig.pm and
'Set($WebImagesURL, "<images_url>"', and then copy the relative images
over to that url.  Fortunately, RT is very lightweight on the number of
images. :)

Let me know if you have any problems.  I would be glad to help!

-Rich