[rt-users] Problem configuring qmail+vpopmail+rt

philliplucs at infolearn.com.au philliplucs at infolearn.com.au
Wed Jan 28 21:12:39 EST 2004

Hi to rt-users,

I have installed RT3.08 on Debian 3.0 unstable. I have also got running as
my MTA qmail with vpopmail. I have successfully installed RT3.08 which was
quite an effort with all the dependencies but I learn't a lot in the
process ;->. MySQL serves as the backend database, and I am running
mod_perl apache.

Now I really don't have a clue about how to configure Qmail+Vpopmail+RT3,
but from what I pulled together from the rt-users archives and googling
for: vpopmail rt, I have walkthrough the following steps. Lo and behold it
does not work, yet, mind you. If somebody could help me here I will
certainly tip my hat to you.

This is what I have done so far.

After logging in to RT, I granted the following rights to the group everyone.

    SeeQueue
    CreateTicket
    CommentOnTicket
    ReplyToTicket

and created the queue test.

    Queue Name: Test

Now I left everything else blank which tells me that all mail will default
to rt at infolearn.
So I created a vpopmail account for rt at infolearn.

    elvis:/var/qmail/users# /home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain infolearn phillip
    elvis:/var/qmail/users# /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser rt at infolearn phillip

I then set up my mail client for rt at infolearn.

I then set up an account for tester at test

    elvis:/home/vpopmail/bin# ./vadddomain test phillip
    elvis:/home/vpopmail/bin# ./vadduser tester at test phillip

.qmail-tester was created to send mail to the rt-mailgate.

    elvis:/home/vpopmail/bin# vi /home/vpopmail/domains/test/.qmail-tester

    | /usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue Test --action correspond

.qmail-tester was also created for the vpopmail file.

    elvis:/var/qmail/users# vi /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-tester

    | /usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue Test --action correspond

I have sent an email to tester at test from lydia at muffy.com, however the
message gets stuck in the Qmail queue,

    elvis:/# qmailctl queue
    messages in queue: 1
    messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0
    29 Jan 2004 11:55:50 GMT  #161717  514  <lydia at muffy.com>
            local   test-tester at test

Regards,
Phillip Lucs