[rt-users] Wrapping of comment text.

dustin at cnw.com dustin at cnw.com
Fri Jul 2 04:00:32 EDT 2004

Hello,

When a user of our RT installation submits a comment on a ticket, the
comment is word-wrapped. Generally the word wrapping does not accommodate
the needs of the person submitting the comment (ie, wraps too soon,
making it difficult to read a comment). Word wrapping behavior also seems
to be different between submitting a new ticket and commenting on that
ticket. (It looks like newlines are being inserted somewhere in the line
after some number of characters).

I've tried to track down the source of the word wrapping and have been
unable to find it (I haven't looked *too* deeply). But adding a comment
seemed to happen somewhere within the autohandler and I had to stop
looking for the day.

I would like to know where this word wrapping occurs and how to change
the behavior of it. If this information is in the manual somewhere and I
have overlooked it, I apologize for asking.

Regards,
Dustin