[rt-users] Overriding Precedence Header

Sebastian Flothow lists at flothow.de
Fri Jul 2 06:13:48 EDT 2004

Am 30. Jun 2004 um 05:44 Uhr schrieb Darren Nickerson:
> After some digging, it turns out their spam filters had interpreted
> the bulk precedence header as a sure sign that our correspondence was
> spam-tastic.

I think I encountered the same problem yesterday. One of our staff
didn't receive mail from RT any more, and I got bounces (saying the
address didn't exist!).
His spam filter behaved weirdly, and we had to frob config options at
random to get it to work, so I can't say for sure that it was the
Precedence header, but it seemed likely to me.

My question: Is there any kind of standards document regarding the
spam filter manufacturers, as I could simply say "your filter is
broken, it's violating TLA 42" or something like that, rather than
having to argue about the correct interpretation of the Precedence
header.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.