[rt-users] Recommendation for upgrade and move

Joseph_Micciche at Progressive.com Joseph_Micciche at Progressive.com
Fri Jul 2 15:20:39 EDT 2004

We are upgrading our RT3.0.7_01 instance to RT3.2 shortly. We are also
moving to a fresh new server, from Solaros to RHEL, and newer version of
MySQL. I wanted to check with the list on recommended approach.

I planned on doing a fresh install on the new server - MySQL, RT,
everything. Then mysqldump the existing RT db on the old server and restore
to the new one.

I am hoping that I don't have to upgrade the old RT first? Any other
considerations?

Thanks.

Joe Micciche