[rt-users] automatic child queue creation?

Jens Porup jens at cyber.com.au
Tue Jul 6 23:44:49 EDT 2004

G'day,

I have a queue that exists to be the child for two other separate
queues.

Certainly I can create a ticket for the parent, and then manually create
the parent child relationship for each ticket. But that's time
consuming, and error-prone.

The way I think of it, it's like a container object--Queue A and Queue B
always and by definition contain Queue C. No A or B should exists
without C, and C only exists to be part of A and B.

Essentially, I want to track incoming batches of data (Queue A) and
outgoing batches of data (Queue B), and each has a separate child called
a media ticket (Queue C), that tracks the location and status of the
physical medium (CD, floppy, who has it checked out, etc).

Is this sort of permanent sub-queue structure possible in RT?

Thanks,

Jens