[rt-users] Help with scrip's

Wilson Abigaba wilson at cfi.co.ug
Wed Jul 7 09:58:44 EDT 2004

:-) >
:-) >:-) >
:-) >:-) >Hi, RT auto replies to the user when the ticket is created,
:-) >:-) >that's fine but
:-) >:-) >what I want to know is that how do I send the same auto reply
:-) >:-) >message that
:-) >:-) >contains the ticket number to my technician cause the don't
:-) >:-) >have time to
:-) >:-) >check RT on a regular basis.
:-) >:-) >---
:-) >Login as root, go to configuration-->global-->templates-->autoreply
:-) >Copy that template by selecting all and copy(or Ctrl+A then Ctrl + C).
:-) >don't submit, instead go to left menu, and click "New template". Paste
:-) >that(what you copied) in the message box, and give the
:-) >template a name (say
:-) >copy2technician)  and submit.
:-) >The click on scrips(in the left menu bar under
:-) >Configuration-global), Create
:-) >a new scrip that should roughly read like
:-) >"On Create ticket send mail to Admin CC with template copy2techician"
:-) >
:-) >And what you'll be required to do is include him as an admin
:-) >cc and you're
:-) >done
:-) >
I require that you use a new scrip to copy to the techician because he may
not want all the nonsense. So what's is really required is $Ticketobj->Id.
You can also customize the message in that new template