[rt-users] Upgrading RT2 database to RT3 format dilema

John rt_mail_lists at no1.net.au
Thu Jul 8 22:44:01 EDT 2004

G'day everyone.

I have finally succeeded in getting an installation of RT3(.2) to
work...a week and a half later...3 distributions and countless
installs....one might say I am almost ready for a drink....

Now to move the data from the old (dead server), lucky we do backups, to
the new RT3 format.... a simple task?

I went and downloaded: *rt*-*2.0*-*to*-*dumpfile*
I was all excited, I put the mysql dump file into it's own directory
(bearing in mind I only have RT3 installed) and modified the script
(user-lib section) and it failed with the following message:
bash: ./rt-2.0-to-dumpfile: bad interpreter: Permission denied

I just read a forum which states that the old dump file must be
converted on a box running RT2? is this correct or am I just missing
something silly from lack of sleep?

If somebody could tell me which way to go (hopefully not to go and
install RT2, that didn't work for me - hence moving to RT3.2)

Regards,

John