[rt-users] REST?

Howard Jones howard.jones at network-i.net
Fri Jul 9 06:20:28 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any docs or examples for using the REST interface on RT3? It *looks* like it's just a case of a formatted POST request to the right URL, but my Mason knowledge is pretty slim, so figuring it out is taking a while...

What I'm looking to do is create a ticket from a PHP application on another server, with the queue, subject, requestor and a custom field prefilled.

I think I need to submit a request to .../REST/1.0/ticket/new

I can see that there is an email-style template to follow, but in what way is it submitted? What is the form field name? Or can I not submit this request from a browser at all, to test it?

Thanks in advance for any advice or explanation...

Best Regards,

Howard Jones