[rt-users] bulk changes to tickets?

Carl Brewer carl at vivitec.com.au
Mon Jul 12 01:13:18 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to make a bulk change to
my RT database?  I've got a pile of sysadmin tickets, and
have decided to start subcategorising them with custom fields.
There's around 500 or so tickets in my queue, and I want to be able to
add/set a value in my custom field for that queue for tickets
that match a search criteria.  Eg: I want to set the
"job type" custom field to "DNS renewals" for all the
tickets that match "content = domain renewal".

Is there a supported way to do this or should I do it through
mysql?  I'm running RT 3.0.10 at the moment ... looking to upgrade to
3.2.0 soon.

thanks!

Carl

--