[rt-users] Assesing RT - loading modPerl2 into Apache 2.0.48 error

Charles A. Monteiro charles at datasof.com
Mon Jul 12 13:13:22 EDT 2004

Hi. I am new to RT, it has been highly recommended and therefore we are
spending time assessing it. We are getting errors attempting to load
modperl2. This occurs when we attempt to start Apache. The error is:

Syntax error on line 10 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_perl.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_perl.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Ipatchlevel_ptr

I am aware that the current docs i.e. the RT draft dated April 13th, 2003
states that there are issues but that draft was written more than a year
ago. Also there does not seem to be any easy search facilities of the
archives.

I greatly appreciate the help. If there any other diagnostics that I can
run please let me know.

thanks

Charles