[rt-users] When does 3.2 enter Debian?

Stephen Quinney stephen at jadevine.org.uk
Tue Jul 13 03:47:22 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:26:14AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Jens Porup:
>
> > Will RT 3.2 eventually make it into Debian unstable/testing?
> >
> > If so, any idea when that might happen?
>
> There are a few dependencies that have to be packaged first: a new
> version of libdbix-searchbuilder-perl, and a couple of new packages
> (libwant-perl, and some of the HTML scrubbing modules).  This will
> take some time.

I have now packaged the new dependencies required for rt3.2 and they
have been uploaded and accepted into Debian unstable. For information,
these are: libtree-simple-perl, libmodule-versions-report-perl,
libhtml-scrubber-perl.

I have also submitted an ITP (Intent to Package) for rt3.2, the bug
number is #256651, for details see

We are still working on finalising the packaging of rt3.2. The
complicated bit at the moment is that we want to make sure it is
possible to install the packages request-tracker3 and
request-tracker3.2 (and any future versions) simultaneously. This will
provide users with a simple upgrade path that was not possible in
Debian when going from rt2 to rt3 because of packaging conflicts. It
also permits testing a new system such as rt3.2, which is probably
still a bit buggy, whilst using rt3.0 which seems fairly stable
now. We are also working on reducing our future workload by templating
out the packaging where possible.

My feeling is that we will upload 3.2.1 when it comes out, as it looks
like it will contain many bug fixes and improvements. It will then
probably take about 2 weeks for it to pass any checks by the
ftpmasters and make it into the archive.

Once the packages are ready I will let people on this list know where
the packages can be downloaded from whilst we await acceptance into
the archive.

Stephen Quinney