[rt-users] New install, opening index displays script contents or error

Robin Cull robin.cull at piresearch.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 12:29:48 EDT 2004

I've just installed RT 3.0.10-3 from rpm (using yum) on a RedHat 9.0
(Shrike) system and am having a few issues.

I upgraded perl (from source) to 5.8.4 as RT would not run on the standard
5.8.0 installed as part of the system.  I have Apache (httpd-2.0.40-21) and
mod_perl (mod_perl-1.99_07-5) from the standard rpm packages.  I've
customised my /etc/rt/RT_SiteConfig.pm, made the necessary changes to
/etc/httpd/conf.d/rt.conf and added "Include /etc/httpd/conf.d/rt.conf" to
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.  rt-setup-database ran smoothly with the options
I chose.

Issue is that when I point my browser at http://localhost:80/ I get:

%# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK %# %# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent %# %#
(Except where explictly superceded by other copyright notices) %# %# This
work is made available to you under the terms of Version 2 of %# the GNU
General Public License. A copy of that license should have %# been provided
with this software, but in any event can be snarfed %# from www.gnu.org. %#
%# This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but %#
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of %#
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU %# General
Public License for more details. %# %# Unless otherwise specified, all
modifications, corrections or %# extensions to this work which alter its
source code become the %# property of Best Practical Solutions, LLC when
submitted for %# inclusion in the work. %# %# %# END LICENSE BLOCK
<SNIP rest of script, I think you get the picture...>

I think at this stage I should be getting script output not the script
itself.  If I go connect from another machine I get:

Internal Server Error
to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root at localhost and inform them of
the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying
to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

----

Apache/2.0.40 Server at hide.my.rt.server Port 80

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance.