[rt-users] RTx::Shredder to delete old tickets

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Jul 14 03:34:36 EDT 2004

Asif Iqbal wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can RTx::Shredder be used to delete Tickets/Transactions for Tickets
> older than may be one year?
yes, current rtx-shredder script do exactly this action.
/opt/rt3/local/sbin/rtx-shredder YYYY-MM-DD
Wipeout deleted tickets and all data that depends only on them.

Feedback is more then wellcome, it's required.

> I like to use that to reduce the size of my ibdata1 and ibdata2
> tablespaces which are in total over 5 gig which is almost 80% of my file
> partition in Solaris 8.
May be after shredding you should do some manipulation with mysql, I
don't know if InnoDB engine reduce size of files after DELETE's.

> Thanks for the help

					Best regards. Ruslan.