[rt-users] RTx::Shredder to delete old tickets

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Jul 14 10:32:49 EDT 2004

On Jul 14, 2004, at 7:40 AM, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

> No script (rtx-shredder) is not full featured.
> You can easy comment out Limit(FIELD => 'Status', VALUE => 'deleted')
> or add another Limit condition.
>
> If you want delete more then 1k tickets at once you need much memory.
> I had big memory footprint with 20k tickets, because of it I did step
> by step wiping out. I'll fix this problem next release.

We need to all join my occasional pestering of Jesse to fully support
foreign key references in the database. :-)

The shredder script will then consist of something like "delete from
tickets where status='deleted'" and the FK references will take care of
chasing down all the references and purging them as well. You could
then just alter that delete query with whatever where clause you wanted
to suit your needs.