[rt-users] Problem running RT 3.2.1 with Apache 2.x & FastCGI

Gonzalo Servat gonzalo at linuxaus.com
Sun Jul 18 00:28:15 EDT 2004

Hi again,

Just wanted to add that for some reason, /var/log/httpd/error_log showed
the real problem after a while which was that there was no entry in
pg_hba.conf for 127.0.0.1 and the RT user. Anyway, after adding the
appropriate entry, I'm getting somewhere! The new problem is:

                              System error

error:
RT Couldn't write to session
directory '/path/to/rt3/var/
session_data': DBD::Pg::st execute
failed: ERROR: ExecInsert: Fail to
add null value in not null attribute
lastupdated at /usr/local/lib/perl5/
site_perl/5.8.4/Apache/Session/
Store/DBI.pm line 44.

Stack:
[/usr/local/lib/perl5/
site_perl/5.8.4/Apache/Session/
Store/DBI.pm:44]
[/usr/local/lib/perl5/
site_perl/5.8.4/Apache/Session.
pm:530]
[/usr/local/lib/perl5/
site_perl/5.8.4/Apache/Session.
pm:477]
[/usr/local/lib/perl5/
site_perl/5.8.4/Apache/Session/
Store/DBI.pm:44]
[/path/to/rt3/share/html/
autohandler:57]
. Check that this dir ectory's
permissions are correct. at /path/
to/rt3/share/html/Elements/
SetupSessionCookie line 67.

I don't think the problem is the session directory as Apache has full
write permissions to it. For some reason it's trying to insert a null
value into a field that doesn't allow null values (???).

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gonzalo