[rt-users] upgrade database: RT 2.0.14 -> 3.0.11-1

Scott Carpenter scarpenter at XtremeNS.com
Sun Jul 18 21:18:39 EDT 2004

I had similar problems when I loaded 3.2.0 and solved them by executing
mason_handler.fcgi from the command line and noting the errors there. I
believe most of mine were permissions issues.

One thing I had to do that was not mentioned in the FAQ was to
chmod 6755 mason_handler.fcgi.

________________________________

From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Gerald Leier
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 11:39 AM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] upgrade database: RT 2.0.14 -> 3.0.11-1

hi folks,

i am about to migrate a old requesttracker installation to the newer
rt3. could anyone point out where i can find information about this ?
i downloaded the newest stable release 3.2.0 and found some scripts
for upgrading the database from previous 3.x versions but nothing pre 3.x.

 the rt 3.0.11-1 i am using is a debian sarge(testing) bin package.

i have: a working rt 2.0.14 with mysql (innodb), also i took a dump wich
i played into my testmysql(rt2). on the same server i have the database
for rt3 (rtdb).

thanks for any hints
 gerald