[rt-users] Splitting RT-Installation and rt-mailgate

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Mon Jul 19 21:05:23 EDT 2004

At 06:07 PM 7/19/2004, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>OK, so I still need to have some sort of SMTP-daemon running on the
>RT-system (wanted to avoid that).

You don't need to have an SMTP daemon on the same host as RT.

>But why does RT-Mailgate talk HTTP to RT then ? ;-)

Exactly for the purpose of having the mailgate and the web UI on separate
machines.

To use just the mailgate, grab and unpack the tarball. Run configure with
the appropriate options. Run 'perl sbin/rt-test-dependencies -v' and make
sure you satisfy the mailgate dependencies. You can probably get away with
running 'make bin-install && make lib-install' but I don't have a machine
to test that on at the moment.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                 http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"